Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Cross post

I agree with you, Eli, that Huck is like a boy scout. However, he does not have all of a boy scout's characteristics.  He definetly isn't clean, but he is sort of reverant.  He isn't always trustworthy though, but definently he is smart.
    To go through the steps of planning his escape is pretty amazing, escpecially since he came up with the plan.  It is funny that he would even kill a pig and sprinkle the blood on the floor to make Pap think he was murdered.  He can at least survive.
http://sparrow-hawks.blogspot.com/2009/09/huckleberry-finn.html

1 comment:

  1. Luke - great post. I have three suggestions for you (you can edit posts under the settings tab):

    1) Labels of your post should contain "literature, twain, huck finn" - just incase we need to find them later. You can add as many others as you like!

    2) You did a great job getting the link to go right to Eli's post. A couple of suggestions here. There should be an option to have the link pop up in a new window so that your reader doesn't have to leave your blog to look at Eli's. Also try this. Choose a word or phrase like "Eli" or "Huck is like a boy scout" and high light it with your mouse. On the top menu bar of the text editor is that little earth icon with a chain on it. If you select that button while the text is highlighted you can copy your link into the little window. Then the word Eli, or Huck is like a boy scout will be the link. The address is hidden, but it works the same and looks neater!

    3) This is a very minor detail, but you don't have to title your post Cross post. Normally you make post titles something catchy or something that sumarrizes what you have to say.

    I won't repeat myself by leaving this comment on everyone's blog - I'll just have them read it here. I may later make a post about it on our class blog. I said all this to make sure you didn't think I was singling out your post to critique - I just happened to read it first!

    You guys keep me in stitches - Huck a boy scout, indeed...

    Mrs. Amber

    ReplyDelete